Digital Motion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War 3

Go down

Gears of War 3 Empty Gears of War 3

Post  HunterDG91 Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 am

Well, what do you think?
The game has been out a little over a month now and already a massive hit all over the world.
So many subjects to discus about this game, the campaign, the new beast mode, and horde mode additions, new weapons...

If you have any thoughts on the game post them right away, I am eager to hear what you think about the game.

I must say the prices of the weapon skins are ridiculous, I really did not expect Epic to be the kind of company to do this after five years of them trying to support their fans and make them happy. The skins themselves are a cool idea but making us pay for them is outrageous, especially considering how many there are to choose from. They should have just made at least 70% of them unlockable like they did in the Beta.

As for Beast and Horde mode, I think they done a great job. Even though Beast mode is not that time consuming, Epic did state that it was mainly for players to kill time on, waiting for friends, dinner... Whatever it might be. It is really fun when you have a full team and playing on the harder difficulties. You also get to experience the Berserker for the first time, what more could you ask for!

Horde mode has had a big facelift, the new fortifications implemented in to the game type have made it much more playable, and by the I mean it attracts players to want to play it, to level up their forts, to make a base and stay alive for as long as they can and also to enjoy it with friends the same as Beast mode.Being able to use mutators in Horde mode really helps when your are playing on anything above Normal, because the boss waves with absolutely destroy you unless you are prepared. Infinite Ammo, Insta Gib Melee and Super Reload never go a miss! Though if you are playing to have a laugh, activate Pinata, Flower Blood, Comet, Friendly Fire or even Big Explosions. You are sure to have a good time with the new features in Horde!

Campaign... What can I say, it was a disappointment for me. I only enjoyed watching "D's D Day" <--- Spoiler (maybe!?) and the Cluckshot Easter Egg. Apart from that the rest was pretty pants. Arcade mode however is another game type where you can get your friends in and actually have some fun, also achievements, if you go straight to Arcade rather than start a normal Campaign.

As for the rest.. Multiplayer, Medals, Game types etc. I will discuss them at a later date. I'm still trying to get to grips why Epic added two new weapons that are extremely over powered and how to beat a team that is using nothing but the Retro and Sawed Off!
HunterDG91
HunterDG91
Site Admin
Site Admin

https://digitalmotion.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum